Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A little Remodeling

With Christmas approaching, Ryan and I realized we would soon have 8 people at our house, and only had 4 chairs to sit in...so being thrifty and crafty and having a handyman for a husband we headed to Goodwill where we purchased 2 chairs for $12 total! Yeah for 50% off furniture on Saturday! When then proceeded to Joann's and got fabric to recover all of the chairs, new and old. I am so excited about the new chairs. They look so clean ( stains happen with a baby and white seats), and I love that it was a project Ryan and I could do together...take a look at our work! :)

Goodwill Chairs (And Reed) Before:

And After:

The Goodwill chairs were brown and we (Ryan) spray painted them black.

Our Chairs Before:

And After

And our table (minus the Goodwill chairs):

The table and chairs above were left in the house when we moved in. In fact my Father-in-law built the table! One day we may upgrade, as this one is starting to sag a little in the middle, but for now it is perfect!! I am so thankful to have a husband who embraces projects like this ( there was a lot of stapling fabric with me in the laundry room - to not wake the baby) that make me happy, and does everything to be as perfect as possible! Love you Ryan!!

2 comments:

Jamie & Josh said...

So cute!

Brooke said...

This was a very frugal and crafty project! They turned out great!! i know who i'm calling next time i need chairs recovered!