Monday, March 9, 2009

Cade Robert Dender


Introducing:
Cade Robert Dender
Born March 5, 2009 at 5:53 pm
5lbs 5oz.
17 1/2 inches


Cade, much like his big brother, made his entrance into the world about 4 weeks early!! It certainly was an exciting delivery - an emergency C-section. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and she had told me to be monitoring Cades movement, and Thursday I woke up and noticed he wasn't moving like normal. So, I monitored him through the morning, and did all things you are supposed to: ate, drank, had a little caffenine, layed down, and still nothing. So I called my doctor, and went to triage to have a non-stress test. All the while I was still thinking that all was fine and this was going to be silly. Well, while he was being monitored they noticed his heartrate decreasing, and decreasing significantly when I had a contraction. This landed me in L&D to be monitored through the night. My doctor came in, and saw I was 3 centimeters already, so she broke my water and put a fetal monitor in his head. However, she was not getting a heartrate with that, and thus I was rushed off to have an emergency C-section.

Cade was born 10 minutes from when I was being wheeled into the OR. It turned out that I had a fetal - maternal bleed, which means there was a hemorage in the placenta and blood was going the wrong way, out of Cade and into me. Cade was born with about a third of the blood he needed, but has since had 2 blood transfusions and is doing much better!!

We are so blessed to be surrounded wtih so many prayer warriors. There were alot of people who were praying for us during all the commotion, not even knowing something was going on. God was and is watching over our family.

We hope to take him home by Wednesday, and introduce him to his big brother, whom he looks very much like! I will keep updating at things happen, and add some more pictures soon!

1 comment:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

God is Good!! Truly is an amazing story and I'm sooo happy you both are okay!