Thursday, January 22, 2009

Visiting Virginia



This past weekend I had the amazing privilege of traveling with one of my closest friends to visit our other close friend in Virginia. This trip was a long time coming, and so appreciated. I am so thankful that my amazing husband would allow me to leave for almost 5 days to go on vacation. These girls are friends you only find once in a lifetime, and make me so happy! I am so thankful for them as well.
In case you weren't aware, VA., particularly Alexandria, VA is very close to Washington DC, which means we were there just before the inauguration. We went into the city Friday night for a tour because we knew the city would be shut down the next day! It was amazing to see the number of port-o-potties and tents that were already set up in preparation. Nevertheless, we managed to have plenty of fun without going into the city. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was going pottery painting. It was such a great idea because now I have something very special to remember the weekend by. I made a mug, and I am hoping to keep doing this in our vacation weekends to come. One day I will have a whole set that I have painted with these girls!In other news, Cade is doing well, growing as he should be. We still aren't positive the position he is in, so you can pray that he is in fact head down. Reed is getting his big boy bed this weekend, and I am very nervous about this. It will either be a good transition or not - so any suggestions are welcomed. Nevertheless, this means we are one step closer to getting Cade's room ready. Well, that is all for now! Goodnight!

2 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

You wouldn't even know you were pregnant in that picture :-)I'm so glad you had a good time...it really is good to have friends like that!! Cute mug.
Love ya

Brooke said...

looks like you had an awesome time! i wanna go on a trip! with the bed, i'll tell you one key is to make sure they can't get out of their room... we put one of those safety plastic door handles on Jake's door so i had comfort knowing he couldn't escape! I also have a video monitor that is good for seeing if they are in bed and asleep or not. i basically scared him and said he would be in big trouble (ie spanking) if he got out of bed. I said mommy would come get him in the morning. i did sit and wait until he was asleep for the first few nights before leaving. and keep the bedtime routine the same as was with the crib. (bath, pj's, book, song, bed) GOOD LUCK!